Garden Box Release Agents

Garden Box information, downloads, and discussion

Garden Box Release Agents

Postby DrNachoZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 pm

So I just downloaded the GB and quickly discovered I have to move some catalog files to my main folder because I am using creatures exodus. When I opened the GB in my DS game I saw that there were no agents on its list. I went to the Agents Collective portion of this forum and downloaded all the great agents that are available so far. I did notice however that in the GB "An Owner's Manual" section there were screen shots showing a number of other agents in the menu including lots of the Norn Terrarium Flora/Fauna. I don't have any of these and I don't see any besides some Apples etc., on the Agents Collective. Is this an issue on my end, or have they just not been released for use yet? I would love to place some flowers and birds and grazers in the bio-dome. = D
DrNachoZ

Re: Garden Box Release Agents

Postby malkin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 pm

They were test agents which were straight converts of the original CAOS, and as such were so buggy that Amaikokonut didn't feel like she could release them. Some of the source code and icons are available in this thread if anyone would like to try making a more functional conversion. Caveat emptor!
malkin

Postby DrNachoZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh I see. Unfortunately I am not a tech savvy Ettin, so I wont be of much use in any of those conversions. I guess ill just have to wait for more agents to be released, and express my deepest thanks and amazement for this project!
DrNachoZ

Postby Amaikokonut » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Going to move this to Basics since it's more a question than a request.

But yes, like Malkin said, most of those agents are hardly functioning. It was my goal to have them finished in time for release, but it became one of those things that was going to hold the whole project back several months or even years. I thought it best to have the community stab at it. Sorry to disappoint >:
Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Return to Garden Box Basics