In dire need of more agents

Development guides, discussion, and testing for Garden Box compatible agents.

In dire need of more agents

Postby Shira » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

The garden box really needs more agents. Basic plants such as bramboo, tuas, and grasses aren't even supported. I set out to try and remedy this. I read the guides, I compared the coding of various plants and agents, and then I had to admit it... I still had no idea what to do. I have never coded a thing in my life. Even with guides, I have no idea what I'm looking at. I can't even figure out how to turn the buggy unsupported versions of things into something that actually works with the Garden Box. I'm not asking for magic berries that cure the sick and bring joy to your heart, I just want a semi-functional way to plant growing food sources or maybe some non-edible plants in a patch. Is anyone working on these? Is there an easy way to do this I'm just missing? So basically what I'm asking is:
1. Can someone please, please make a few more plants work with the garden box? Tubas, bramboo, grass, a flower or two? Any of them? Or
2. Can anyone explain in more detail about how I could do this myself? Or at least get the buggy versions to maybe half work without making anything explode? I am completely new to this sort of thing.
Shira

Re: In dire need of more agents

Postby malkin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am

Have you tried all of the auxillary agents available in the Agents Collective? Even though they're not specifically grass, tubas, or bramboo, they are still seeds, food and fruit. One or more of them might be useful. 8-)

Have you ever learned a second language? Learning to code is like learning how to speak grammatically and logically in another language to the agents to tell them how they should behave. The best thing to read as far as coding goes is the CAOS Documentation - think of it as being like a dictionary of all the codes that are used in the game. You might also like to explore the tutorials linked from here or here to help you get started.

A couple of other agents that you might be interested in to help 'fill the gap' are the Tuba Seeder by Moe and the Growing Bramboo Vendor by Chani.
malkin

Return to The Greenhouse Laboratory