[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Garden Box Central • View topic - Albian Glow-Worm convert

Albian Glow-Worm convert

Development guides, discussion, and testing for Garden Box compatible agents.

Albian Glow-Worm convert

Postby malkin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:37 am

malkin

Re: Albian Glow-Worm convert

Postby Amaikokonut » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Aww, I love this idea <: Agents that are aware of night and day are something I've been becoming more interested in.
Code looks pretty good at first glance. To handle falling, you might use something like 'doif fall = 0' as a check.
I like the idea of them being super bouncy though; might help them wedge themselves into various places of the world, too. Maybe the bounciness could start off really high and then decrease as the egg ages, to give them more travel potential but still have a chance to eventually settle. Or maybe they'd be bouncy early in the day but slow down as night draws near. Whatever works :>

I'm interested to see how this progresses!
Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Postby malkin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am

malkin

Postby ham5ter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I alwas missed these litle Guys in Creatures 3 and Dockingstation.

I am looking forward to use them in my worlds
ham5ter

Postby malkin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm

malkin

Postby malkin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm

So I compile this into an agent with the appropriate auxillary files using Jagent. I put the resulting agent in the My Agents folder. I boot up Docking Station. I install Magic Words Core and the main GB. I leaf through my various GB agents in-game. I can't find this one at all. :oops: Have I missed something really obvious?
Attachments
GB_PP_Albian_Glow_Worm.cos
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 6923 times
malkin

Postby Amaikokonut » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 am

Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Postby malkin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 am

Ah, I thought it was something that simple. :P Thank you! :D That simple fix allows me to see it in my box, unfortunately, when clicking on the cross-hairs I get the error: The injection of this agent has failed. Please contact the author for further assistance. There seems to be something wrong with the egg timer script, where I try to kill the egg after the worm has hatched, something about 'closing a block'.
malkin

Postby Amaikokonut » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 am

Huh, if you let it scroll through all the text when you get the error, does it give any more detail? It does scroll a bit slowly.

In the egg timer script, at the end of the hatch routine, it looks like you need to add in an endi before the retn, to close out the "doif va66 ge 30 and fall = 0" bit.

Also (I just happened to see this because it highlighted red when plopping the script into that caos tool), in your worm timer, the "drown in water" segment that reads "doif rtyp = 8 or rtyp = 9" should read, "doif rtyp room targ = 8 or rtyp room targ = 9" . RTYP just kind of has a weird syntax to it.

You poor creature, I commend your efforts in development without the caos tool. I would never have the patience for it :P
Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Postby malkin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Thank you so much! :D Now the eggs are generated by the patch and they fall to earth. Trouble is, they don't seem to be hatching, even if I leave them out overnight... :oops:
Attachments
GB_PP_Albian_Glow_Worm.cos
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 7120 times
malkin

Next

Return to The Greenhouse Laboratory