Garden box won't work?

Garden Box information, downloads, and discussion

Garden box won't work?

Postby EternalSnow515 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm running creatures exodus and the garden box doesn't seem to really work. When I try to create patch plants it says the agent has been injected but the options won't pop up and nothing grows :(
I also have a docked world, if that has anything to do with it.
EternalSnow515

Re: Garden box won't work?

Postby malkin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Some of the newer editions of Creatures install catalogue files in an odd place, and the Garden Box needs the catalogue files to be in the correct place.

Because I run Creatures Exodus on my Mac, I look in my
~/Library/Preferences/Creatures Labs/Docking Station/data/Catalogue folder for new catalogues, and move them to
Hard Drive/Applications/Docking Station/Contents/MacOS/data/Catalogue.

If you're on a PC, you'll want to look in My Documents for an analogous Catalogue folder, and move it to something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Gameware Development\Creatures Exodus\Docking Station\Catalogue.

Amaikokonut discusses it in more length in the sticky thread here - hope this helps!
malkin

Postby EternalSnow515 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:31 pm

It actually was just a catalogue error, It works fine now! Thanks for the heads up :)
EternalSnow515

Postby malkin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm glad it worked - thanks for letting me know! :)
malkin

Postby Mtorolite » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm

After 2-3 years of trying everything under the sun to get this gods-forsaken thing to work, this thread did help me slightly, but I want to point out my main problem was the version of Creatures 3 I had itself. If you have Creatures Exodus installed on your computer (particularly from Good Old Games) and want to use this amazing content, do yourself a favor, uninstall it & get Creatures 3 + Docking Station some other way.
Mtorolite

Return to Garden Box Basics