GB Central Guidelines -- Start here!

Garden Box information, downloads, and discussion

GB Central Guidelines -- Start here!

Postby Amaikokonut » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 am

Welcome to Garden Box Central! This forum (made possible thanks to the gracious donation of webspace by Geek2Nurse!), I hope, will serve as a hub of discussion and development for all things Garden Box-related.

By following these guidelines, you will help to ensure a pleasant experience for our tiny little community here:

- Be nice. That should go without saying, and I know most of this community is rather courteous to each other, but even so, abusive language and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Nor will snide remarks, or smarter/older/holier-than-thou attitudes. I can’t actually imagine what sort of topics can even be spawned on a forum about virtual gardening that would cause people to get into outraged debates, but I’m covering all my bases anyway.

- Please follow the guidelines posted in each forum. Otherwise, you might get a little confused when you’re forced to pick an attribute for your thread in certain forums. Particularly in the Reports/Requests forum and the Agent Collective, I’m trying out a tag system to keep things organized (feel feel to give feedback on this). If you post your thread in the wrong place, it will be moved. If you keep posting threads in the wrong place, you will...uh... receive a stern lecture or something. I dunno. I don’t actually foresee that being a problem; you guys are a pretty intelligent lot.

I think that’s it for guidelines. All two of them.

There are four subforums here, two general discussion forums and two slightly more structured forums.

Garden Box Basics is for general discussion of the Garden Box itself. This is where you’ll find the latest release to download, along with an in-depth guide to its’ use. Questions, comments, and general GB-related chatter can be posted here. However, is is not for for error reporting, or suggesting ideas for future versions; that’s what Bug Reports and Feature Requests is for.

Bug Reports and Feature Requests is for the submission and discussion of specific reports and requests that pertain to the Garden Box. Here, you may only create a new threads if you are submitting a specific report or request, but once a thread has been started, anyone is free to discuss the report/request. Please note that if you have a bug report for a specific GB agent, it should be directed as a reply to the agent’s thread in Agents Collective rather than here.

The Greenhouse Laboratory is for general discussion of the development of Garden Box compatible agents. It includes guides on how to make agents GB-compatible, as well as how to create patch plants and decorations. You are welcome to seek development assistance in this forum, however, when you’ve perfected your creation, you’re encouraged to head to the Agents Collective to show it off!

Agents Collective is for the submission and discussion of Garden Box compatible agents. You may only create a new thread here to announce the release an agent that you have created. However, much like the report forum you are encouraged to use established threads to submit comments, report bugs, or generally just discuss the agent that the thread is for.

I think that about sums it up. Explore, and have fun growing your garden!
Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Re: GB Central Guidelines -- Start here!

Postby malkin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Would a pie-in-the-sky, generalised 'ideas for GB agents' thread, like the ideas pool be more at home in the Garden Box Basics forum or The Greenhouse Laboratory?
malkin

Re: GB Central Guidelines -- Start here!

Postby Amaikokonut » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Hmm, considering brainstorming alludes to eventual development, I'd say it would be better suited to the Greenhouse Laboratory :>
Amaikokonut
Site Admin

Return to Garden Box Basics